Going to the church is an important practice that are done by Christians. This is a time that people try to communicate with God through praises and prayers. That’s why it is only necessary for you to be able to know the proper church etiquette to observe whenever you go inside the holy place and commune with the Lord. Here are some of the most important things that you should keep in mind:
- Always sit in the proper place when you’re in church— if you have a child with you, you can choose to just sit in the back or close to the aisle so that you wouldn’t cause distractions and interrupt the service in case you have to stand up.
- Try to focus on the message that’s being delivered by the preacher by staying quiet in your seat and by refraining from talking to your seat mate.
- Never forget to turn your cellphones as well as other electronic devices that you may have with you when you go to the church for you to avoid interrupting the church service. Surely you don’t want all eyes on you when your phone rings and you have no choice but to answer it.
- If you have children to take with you when you go to the church, see to it that they too observe proper silence. You could let them sit beside you or it would be better if you would let them join programs especially held for kids in the other parts of the church.
- You also need to keep in mind to dress appropriately by not wearing anything too casual or too revealing. Remember that you are going to meet with God and not going to any kind of party.
- Another thing that you should remember is to refrain from eating, drinking and even chewing gum when you’re inside the church because it is a holy place and you need to focus on the sermon instead of trying to please your appetite.
- Always see to it that you follow church rules especially when it comes to the way they conduct their worship services.
Going to church is something that should not be taken for granted and be treated as just an ordinary activity. God is a God of order. Be sure to keep the church etiquette stated above for you to experience a deeper appreciation of the worship and be able to hear that still small voice calling out to you.